Longhorns UT University of Texas at Austin

Longhorns UT University of Texas at Austin is the thread for texas swimming UT Men UT Women Texas Swim Center 2008 - 2009 Swim Center Schedule Longhorn Aquatics hosted meets Friday 9/26/08 UT Men had the Orange and White meet It is an intersquad meet. Results
Parents
  • I love floswimming when they capture meets like this and I make time to watch it. I only had a chance to check out the two events I care about -- men's and women's 500 frees. Things I noticed on just a cursory watch: traditional suits on all swimmers, both sexes turns: very few of the swimmers were doing much in the way of SDK off the walls. I've been debating whether or not this should be part of my 500 free strategy. kicking: the guy who won the men's race had an interesting approach in that he appeared to 6 beat kick the first half of each lap and then ramp down to a 2 beat into the wall. The women seemed to be more consistently 4 to 6 beat kicking throughout the race. I hope NCAAs will get onto the web. I'm looking forward to watching more.
  • I love floswimming when they capture meets like this and I make time to watch it. I only had a chance to check out the two events I care about -- men's and women's 500 frees. Things I noticed on just a cursory watch: traditional suits on all swimmers, both sexes turns: very few of the swimmers were doing much in the way of SDK off the walls. I've been debating whether or not this should be part of my 500 free strategy. kicking: the guy who won the men's race had an interesting approach in that he appeared to 6 beat kick the first half of each lap and then ramp down to a 2 beat into the wall. The women seemed to be more consistently 4 to 6 beat kicking throughout the race. I hope NCAAs will get onto the web. I'm looking forward to watching more.
Children
No Data