My issue with 100 Butterfly

Former Member
Former Member
I enjoy doing butterfly( i really do) i just hate how i feel when i do it at practice and sometimes after a race. The main problem i have is that whenever we are doing 100 fly sets at practice i cant control my breathing. when i touch the wall after my first link(SCY) i have to take two whole breaths before i kick off the wall or i feel like i am going to die. After the 75 i am out of it, i lift my head when i take a breath and that only make it worse. Whats the best way to remedy my breathing tech at practice? What could i tell my coach to help me with? Thanks in Advanced. ~Skaterbaj
Parents
  • The best advice I've ever received about fly is to NOT practice butterstruggle! I have a hard time repeating any distance past 25's in a set unless the interval is very long. Instead of straight fly I break it up w/free. Today we were doing 5 X 100's stroke set on 2:00. I did the first and last 25 of the swim fly, and the middle 50 free. This adaptation helps me complete my fly work without struggling yet still emulates swimming tired fly at the end of a 100.
  • The best advice I've ever received about fly is to NOT practice butterstruggle! I have a hard time repeating any distance past 25's in a set unless the interval is very long. Instead of straight fly I break it up w/free. Today we were doing 5 X 100's stroke set on 2:00. I did the first and last 25 of the swim fly, and the middle 50 free. This adaptation helps me complete my fly work without struggling yet still emulates swimming tired fly at the end of a 100.
Children
No Data