My issue with 100 Butterfly

Former Member
Former Member
I enjoy doing butterfly( i really do) i just hate how i feel when i do it at practice and sometimes after a race. The main problem i have is that whenever we are doing 100 fly sets at practice i cant control my breathing. when i touch the wall after my first link(SCY) i have to take two whole breaths before i kick off the wall or i feel like i am going to die. After the 75 i am out of it, i lift my head when i take a breath and that only make it worse. Whats the best way to remedy my breathing tech at practice? What could i tell my coach to help me with? Thanks in Advanced. ~Skaterbaj
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 16 years ago
    don't stop on the wall and take 2 breaths before you turn in fly improve your conditioning, get stronger don't do 100 fly's in practice train mostly freestyle do 25's, 50's & 75's what's your goal? Im probably breathing the wrong way. My Club coach told me to always take the first 3 strokes easy when i start butterfly in a race then go down to 1stroke no breath, stroke then head up for breath with my chin still close to the water. I am trying to get stronger and i have been when i first did 100 fly in Jan. i was at a 1:11(SCY) then in March i was at a 1:05. That was the last time did the event in scy and in LC my fastest was a 1:17 because i get soo tired. Now Highschool is starting and i want to be at a 1:02 or lower. I have heard that Butterfly times should be close to freestyle times. I kno people who go faster on there 100 butterfly than their freestyle. And my Free is around 56.4(SCY) Skaterbaj
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 16 years ago
    don't stop on the wall and take 2 breaths before you turn in fly improve your conditioning, get stronger don't do 100 fly's in practice train mostly freestyle do 25's, 50's & 75's what's your goal? Im probably breathing the wrong way. My Club coach told me to always take the first 3 strokes easy when i start butterfly in a race then go down to 1stroke no breath, stroke then head up for breath with my chin still close to the water. I am trying to get stronger and i have been when i first did 100 fly in Jan. i was at a 1:11(SCY) then in March i was at a 1:05. That was the last time did the event in scy and in LC my fastest was a 1:17 because i get soo tired. Now Highschool is starting and i want to be at a 1:02 or lower. I have heard that Butterfly times should be close to freestyle times. I kno people who go faster on there 100 butterfly than their freestyle. And my Free is around 56.4(SCY) Skaterbaj
Children
No Data