My issue with 100 Butterfly

Former Member
Former Member
I enjoy doing butterfly( i really do) i just hate how i feel when i do it at practice and sometimes after a race. The main problem i have is that whenever we are doing 100 fly sets at practice i cant control my breathing. when i touch the wall after my first link(SCY) i have to take two whole breaths before i kick off the wall or i feel like i am going to die. After the 75 i am out of it, i lift my head when i take a breath and that only make it worse. Whats the best way to remedy my breathing tech at practice? What could i tell my coach to help me with? Thanks in Advanced. ~Skaterbaj
Parents
  • don't stop on the wall and take 2 breaths before you turn in fly improve your conditioning, get stronger don't do 100 fly's in practice train mostly freestyle do 25's, 50's & 75's what's your goal? I enjoy doing butterfly( i really do) i just hate how i feel when i do it at practice and sometimes after a race. The main problem i have is that whenever we are doing 100 fly sets at practice i cant control my breathing. when i touch the wall after my first link(SCY) i have to take two whole breaths before i kick off the wall or i feel like i am going to die. After the 75 i am out of it, i lift my head when i take a breath and that only make it worse. Whats the best way to remedy my breathing tech at practice? What could i tell my coach to help me with? Thanks in Advanced. ~Skaterbaj
  • don't stop on the wall and take 2 breaths before you turn in fly improve your conditioning, get stronger don't do 100 fly's in practice train mostly freestyle do 25's, 50's & 75's what's your goal? I enjoy doing butterfly( i really do) i just hate how i feel when i do it at practice and sometimes after a race. The main problem i have is that whenever we are doing 100 fly sets at practice i cant control my breathing. when i touch the wall after my first link(SCY) i have to take two whole breaths before i kick off the wall or i feel like i am going to die. After the 75 i am out of it, i lift my head when i take a breath and that only make it worse. Whats the best way to remedy my breathing tech at practice? What could i tell my coach to help me with? Thanks in Advanced. ~Skaterbaj
Children
No Data