Best race you've ever seen?

Former Member
Former Member
As the title says, what's the best race you recall ever seeing?
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 16 years ago
    Kind of a neat Thorpe commercial.... swimshare.com/play.php That was not my cup o' tea. While I admire a sportsperson (while doing his/her sport), I'm not a great "fan" of the "life of..........." or "the hobbies of ............." or "How does XYZ spend his money" or "A Typical day in the life of ...........". Commercials are even more of a turn off, since they usually go for the artistic impressions and prize-winning-photography/filming and you can't see much swimming when the camera's swivelling and gimballing 735 degrees around a swimmer.
  • I will send you a free burrito (or something) if you can find that swim somewhere on the web. I have never found it. :D
  • My hero, Marin Morrisson, swimming in her high school meet after 3 brain surgeries that left her right arm and leg paralyzed. She has just had her 4th brain surgery last week and had just made the 2008 Special Olympics Team! We hope and pray she can recover in time to compete....it is a lifelong dream of hers. www.youtube.com/watch
  • Former Member
    Affirmed and Alydar...1978 Belmont.....my first track experience.....Affirmed broke a nose early and they went a mile and a half with no more than that neck between them! Or did you mean swim race?:wine: Happy cinqo de mayo to all of you! What's swimming when you've got horses?! :-D Which reminds me of telling people, when in high school, I played water polo. You wouldn't believe how many people asked me, "How do the horses take the water?"
  • Former Member
    Nathan I used to train trotting and pacing horses. I used to take them to the Grand River and swim them. They take to the water well. The best waterpolo match I have seen and not played in was Russia and Hungary at the 1956 Olympics in Melbourne Australia.
  • Men's 4 X 200 Free Relay - 1984 Olympics in L.A. - Anchor leg - Bruce Hayes vs. Michael Gross (The "Albatross") - Hayes was perfect against one of the great swimmers of the time!
  • Former Member
    Best race in swimming: 2000 men's 4x100 freestyle relay. Hey US lost, so what, it was unreal. WR leadoff for AUS, USA has surpirse 48.8 from Ervin, US swimmers outsplit their AUS counterparts on the next 2 legs but not enough to give Hall the lead vs Thorpe. Hall passes Thorpe at the turn, Thorpe fights back for the victory. WOW!
  • Former Member
    Is this the one www.youtube.com/watch www.youtube.com/watch If this is the one send me 35 pesos I will buy my burrito In Mexico next week.
  • Misty Hyman's 200 Fly gold-medal swim in the 2000 Olympics. :cheerleader: I will send you a free burrito (or something) if you can find that swim somewhere on the web. I have never found it.
  • Is this the one www.youtube.com/watch www.youtube.com/watch If this is the one send me 35 pesos I will buy my burrito In Mexico next week. LOL - no, sorry! I was referring to Misty Hyman's 200 meter butterfly race from 2000.