Women's Locker Room

Here's a thread for the ladies to discuss anything that relates to women and swimming. For example, feel free to discuss how disgustingly ugly fastskins are, how the "curse" can kill a meet, how suits don't fit, how swimming wrecks your hair, how hormones unhinge you, etc.
  • Now, my curiosity is aroused. Google (or Wikipedia) here I come. Try acronym finder http://www.acronymfinder.com/
  • Hey men take this to the men's locker room. This kind of discussion will drive the men away, for sure! The men's locker room is kind of boring. It doesn't matter what the discussion is about. The scenery is much better here than over in the men's room. :bolt:
  • Aunt Flow. Come on, guys, don't you have wives to tell you this kind of thing? :)
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 16 years ago
    You're right! Back to girl talk. I'm really glad AF isn't scheduled to arrive during Nats. Amy Fischer? :shakeshead: I didn't know she was a Masters.:lmao:
  • Former Member
    I actually had to google AF. I had no clue. But, I'm sure I will in a few years when the girlies get a bit older. I'm really not going to be part of that aspect of child rearing. I never thought of Googling it. I've always worked in Airlines and Travel and, to me, AF = Air France. I was just wondering why it would not be arriving during Nats. A strike, perhaps? Now, my curiosity is aroused. Google (or Wikipedia) here I come.
  • Former Member
    Try acronym finder http://www.acronymfinder.com/ oh.:blush: Oh! :bolt: Thanx Jim, I think I got it.
  • mens locker room is pretty much a brodeo a The men's locker room is kind of boring. It doesn't matter what the discussion is about. The scenery is much better here than over in the men's room. :bolt:
  • TMI Me? I'm already there, dude, me and the Mini-Fort. Yeah, it's a blast. Except my face thankfully never breaks out anymore. lol Oh, you're talking about Geeky, aren't you? I want to see an avatar with the sympathetic zits!
  • On another topic: European women must have really skinny arms. The more and better I swim, the harder it is to find clothes that fit. In clothes designed for Americans, my main problem is that tops, jackets, or dresses that fit across the upper back and shoulders are often too big in the waist. Yesterday, though, I was in a store with a lot of clothing designed for the French and Italian markets, and all the jackets I tried on were super-tight in the upper arms. Shoulders and waist were OK, but the arms looked like sausages and wouldn't really bend at the elbow. It's not really a good business look. :rant3:
  • On another topic: European women must have really skinny arms. The more and better I swim, the harder it is to find clothes that fit. In clothes designed for Americans, my main problem is that tops, jackets, or dresses that fit across the upper back and shoulders are often too big in the waist. Yesterday, though, I was in a store with a lot of clothing designed for the French and Italian markets, and all the jackets I tried on were super-tight in the upper arms. Shoulders and waist were OK, but the arms looked like sausages and wouldn't really bend at the elbow. It's not really a good business look. :rant3: Couldn't agree more. I had to buy a whole new upper wardrobe to accommodate the shoulders and back when I started swimming. Everything is alwaysway too big in the waist. Buying jeans is a challenge too.