Women's Locker Room

Here's a thread for the ladies to discuss anything that relates to women and swimming. For example, feel free to discuss how disgustingly ugly fastskins are, how the "curse" can kill a meet, how suits don't fit, how swimming wrecks your hair, how hormones unhinge you, etc.
Parents
  • On another topic: European women must have really skinny arms. The more and better I swim, the harder it is to find clothes that fit. In clothes designed for Americans, my main problem is that tops, jackets, or dresses that fit across the upper back and shoulders are often too big in the waist. Yesterday, though, I was in a store with a lot of clothing designed for the French and Italian markets, and all the jackets I tried on were super-tight in the upper arms. Shoulders and waist were OK, but the arms looked like sausages and wouldn't really bend at the elbow. It's not really a good business look. :rant3: Couldn't agree more. I had to buy a whole new upper wardrobe to accommodate the shoulders and back when I started swimming. Everything is alwaysway too big in the waist. Buying jeans is a challenge too.
  • On another topic: European women must have really skinny arms. The more and better I swim, the harder it is to find clothes that fit. In clothes designed for Americans, my main problem is that tops, jackets, or dresses that fit across the upper back and shoulders are often too big in the waist. Yesterday, though, I was in a store with a lot of clothing designed for the French and Italian markets, and all the jackets I tried on were super-tight in the upper arms. Shoulders and waist were OK, but the arms looked like sausages and wouldn't really bend at the elbow. It's not really a good business look. :rant3: Couldn't agree more. I had to buy a whole new upper wardrobe to accommodate the shoulders and back when I started swimming. Everything is alwaysway too big in the waist. Buying jeans is a challenge too.
Children
No Data