Dynamic Swimwear for today's muslim female/ Burqinis

Former Member
Former Member
My husband just sent me this link. http://www.ahiida.com/ And here I am complaining about a bit of soreness from doubles. I got it easy. Looks like the burqinis cost about as much as a fastskin.
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 17 years ago
    I was in Egypt and did not like the fact that when I walked down the street with a male Egyptian swimmer he wanted to hold my hand. When I met an Egytian swimmer he wanted to hug me and kiss me. These things were not for me. Now does this mean they are wrong or we were out of step with their culture. Some of these actions or gestures are not seen as wrong in the Arab world. (Of course when you say a man wanted to kiss you, that was meant to be in a non-sexual sense. They'll kiss air, cheek-to-cheek, a la French General awarding a medal). One of the reasons that I left Egypt (for Canada) is that I felt like a misfit there. (Not better, but I just didn't feel comfortable all around......) Now, we all know that hugs can be manly and macho and don't really mean anything. Even Clint Eastwood, John Wayne and Rock (no, sorry) and Anthony Quinn used to hug other cowboys (although not on Mountains but in the Plains.)
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 17 years ago
    I was in Egypt and did not like the fact that when I walked down the street with a male Egyptian swimmer he wanted to hold my hand. When I met an Egytian swimmer he wanted to hug me and kiss me. These things were not for me. Now does this mean they are wrong or we were out of step with their culture. Some of these actions or gestures are not seen as wrong in the Arab world. (Of course when you say a man wanted to kiss you, that was meant to be in a non-sexual sense. They'll kiss air, cheek-to-cheek, a la French General awarding a medal). One of the reasons that I left Egypt (for Canada) is that I felt like a misfit there. (Not better, but I just didn't feel comfortable all around......) Now, we all know that hugs can be manly and macho and don't really mean anything. Even Clint Eastwood, John Wayne and Rock (no, sorry) and Anthony Quinn used to hug other cowboys (although not on Mountains but in the Plains.)
Children
No Data