Dynamic Swimwear for today's muslim female/ Burqinis

Former Member
Former Member
My husband just sent me this link. http://www.ahiida.com/ And here I am complaining about a bit of soreness from doubles. I got it easy. Looks like the burqinis cost about as much as a fastskin.
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 17 years ago
    When my daughter, then aged 7, went to visit cousins in Arizona, she couldn't show off her picture of her wearing a Boa Constrictor, around her neck. The picture was taken when she was visiting some other relatives on her mother's side, up in Manaus, the main city of the Amazon River. Well, she had on bikini bottoms, but no tops, so the picture was considered "bad" by my american cousins. Or maybe they associated the snake with the strip girls. So evil is in the eyes of the beholder and is surely a huge part of culture, the way you dress. When younger, my wife had three sets of bikinis, one to wear at the local club, the other to wear at a beach in São Paulo (a more conservative state of Brazil) and a third to wear in Rio de Janeiro. The sizes of the bikinis varied with whoever would be watching. That said, I must say that at the swimming pool where I train, which is not a club, but a paid for institution, the ladies wear the long old fashioned maillots, forgot what they are called in English, the bathing suits. You don't want to be distracted by skimpy swim wear while working (training). I kinda think going topless is dumb and takes away more than it adds. And I have been naked in a Sauna in Europe, but felt terribly self-conscious and it didn't seem right. Too much time wearing bathing trunks in Spas have spoilt me, the mixed Spas. Lastly, at home, we went pretty much the nude way in the rooms and the huge tub in the bathroom, my wife, myself and the two kids...I had been brought up with too many "traumas" concerning nudity by my Mississippi mother and wanted a more relaxed attitude with my own two kids...we do go totally nude in the Sauna (small cubicle in my own bathroom) if the occasion happens and they are around, since both are grownups now. But just the four of us, the immediate family...billy fanstone
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 17 years ago
    When my daughter, then aged 7, went to visit cousins in Arizona, she couldn't show off her picture of her wearing a Boa Constrictor, around her neck. The picture was taken when she was visiting some other relatives on her mother's side, up in Manaus, the main city of the Amazon River. Well, she had on bikini bottoms, but no tops, so the picture was considered "bad" by my american cousins. Or maybe they associated the snake with the strip girls. So evil is in the eyes of the beholder and is surely a huge part of culture, the way you dress. When younger, my wife had three sets of bikinis, one to wear at the local club, the other to wear at a beach in São Paulo (a more conservative state of Brazil) and a third to wear in Rio de Janeiro. The sizes of the bikinis varied with whoever would be watching. That said, I must say that at the swimming pool where I train, which is not a club, but a paid for institution, the ladies wear the long old fashioned maillots, forgot what they are called in English, the bathing suits. You don't want to be distracted by skimpy swim wear while working (training). I kinda think going topless is dumb and takes away more than it adds. And I have been naked in a Sauna in Europe, but felt terribly self-conscious and it didn't seem right. Too much time wearing bathing trunks in Spas have spoilt me, the mixed Spas. Lastly, at home, we went pretty much the nude way in the rooms and the huge tub in the bathroom, my wife, myself and the two kids...I had been brought up with too many "traumas" concerning nudity by my Mississippi mother and wanted a more relaxed attitude with my own two kids...we do go totally nude in the Sauna (small cubicle in my own bathroom) if the occasion happens and they are around, since both are grownups now. But just the four of us, the immediate family...billy fanstone
Children
No Data