Dynamic Swimwear for today's muslim female/ Burqinis

Former Member
Former Member
My husband just sent me this link. http://www.ahiida.com/ And here I am complaining about a bit of soreness from doubles. I got it easy. Looks like the burqinis cost about as much as a fastskin.
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 17 years ago
    Most Americans have strong opinions on violent Muslim extremists, but getting angry about a particular kind of swimwear that is accepted in another culture is taking it a little far. Regardless of its name, the "burqini" isn't made only for women that are forced into them by paternalistic societies such as the Taliban. Instead, it gives the opportunity for conservatively-dressed Muslim women in all countries to swim in coed environments without feeling like they have betrayed their belief systems. If that's the only thing that gets them in the pool, what's so "sad" about it? I don't agree with most of the Muslim beliefs personally, but I don't see a problem with them being more conservative than average, especially if it is of their own free will. Nor do I see a problem with the way the Amish dress, or any other social group that's sort of out of the mainstream with society today, as long as the members of it are doing so of their own volition. As long as they don't mind sharing the pool with me in my speedo!:laugh2: Yo, American, take a look at the calendar and then you might understand why a few of us have strong opinions on extremeism. BTW - no one here is bashing women. Conversely, we are saying the burqa can be used as a way to enforce antiquated and outdated rules of a paternalistic culture.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 17 years ago
    Most Americans have strong opinions on violent Muslim extremists, but getting angry about a particular kind of swimwear that is accepted in another culture is taking it a little far. Regardless of its name, the "burqini" isn't made only for women that are forced into them by paternalistic societies such as the Taliban. Instead, it gives the opportunity for conservatively-dressed Muslim women in all countries to swim in coed environments without feeling like they have betrayed their belief systems. If that's the only thing that gets them in the pool, what's so "sad" about it? I don't agree with most of the Muslim beliefs personally, but I don't see a problem with them being more conservative than average, especially if it is of their own free will. Nor do I see a problem with the way the Amish dress, or any other social group that's sort of out of the mainstream with society today, as long as the members of it are doing so of their own volition. As long as they don't mind sharing the pool with me in my speedo!:laugh2: Yo, American, take a look at the calendar and then you might understand why a few of us have strong opinions on extremeism. BTW - no one here is bashing women. Conversely, we are saying the burqa can be used as a way to enforce antiquated and outdated rules of a paternalistic culture.
Children
No Data