Dara Torres-Amazing

Former Member
Former Member
Dara just one the national title in the 100M Freestyle in 54.4 at the ripe old age of 40. Simply Incredible. :applaud: :woot: If that's not inspiring I don't know what is.
Parents
  • Do you have any proof that she, or Clemmons, or Marion aren't? The point is and has been testing is way behind the cheaters and in my opinion if an athlete does something never seen or done before than its inherant in us to ask and question. Actually, Jones was implicated by heresay just as Clemens has been. Torres has not been implicated in any way other than the fact that her appearance has changed. It is definitely not out of the realm of possibility for her physique to change with hard work. Changes in diet and life style could have prompted that change along with increased workload. There were scientists that published peer-reviewed research papers 'proving' that a man would never break 4 minutes in the mile or 10 seconds for the 100 meter dash. Both have been broken. And while I won't vouch for current athletes, but I am reasonably certain that Bob Hines wasn't cheating when he became the first man to break the 10 second barrier and that Roger Bannister wasn't cheating when he broke 4 minutes. Yet these records were unheard of. Just because it hasn't been done before doesn't mean that it can't be done without cheating.
  • Do you have any proof that she, or Clemmons, or Marion aren't? The point is and has been testing is way behind the cheaters and in my opinion if an athlete does something never seen or done before than its inherant in us to ask and question. Actually, Jones was implicated by heresay just as Clemens has been. Torres has not been implicated in any way other than the fact that her appearance has changed. It is definitely not out of the realm of possibility for her physique to change with hard work. Changes in diet and life style could have prompted that change along with increased workload. There were scientists that published peer-reviewed research papers 'proving' that a man would never break 4 minutes in the mile or 10 seconds for the 100 meter dash. Both have been broken. And while I won't vouch for current athletes, but I am reasonably certain that Bob Hines wasn't cheating when he became the first man to break the 10 second barrier and that Roger Bannister wasn't cheating when he broke 4 minutes. Yet these records were unheard of. Just because it hasn't been done before doesn't mean that it can't be done without cheating.
Children
No Data