Dara Torres-Amazing

Former Member
Former Member
Dara just one the national title in the 100M Freestyle in 54.4 at the ripe old age of 40. Simply Incredible. :applaud: :woot: If that's not inspiring I don't know what is.
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 16 years ago
    I saw Dara last weekend at the Missouri Grand Prix meet. I had binoculars and looked at her (and all of the other female competitors) as she stood behind the blocks before the prelims of the 50 Free. There were at least 10 heats, so there were plenty of other swimmers standing nearby. Now keep in mind that I have been following this thread for quite a while, so I was very interested in her appearance and how she compared to the other athletes. In terms of muscle size, "cut" of muscles, and so on, Dara didn't look any different when compared to the other female athletes. Her shoulders and upper arms didn't stand out at all. I was actually surprised that she really didn't stand out. The only thing I noticed was that even in goggles and a cap, you can tell by looking at her face that she is obviously much older than the other athletes. Dara does have a superb stroke. It surprised me to see that at least one of her feet seems to come completely out of the water when she kicks. Kara Lynn Joyce also has a beautiful stroke, and it's deceptive. She doesn't look like she's going as fast as she is. Anna Lea
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 16 years ago
    I saw Dara last weekend at the Missouri Grand Prix meet. I had binoculars and looked at her (and all of the other female competitors) as she stood behind the blocks before the prelims of the 50 Free. There were at least 10 heats, so there were plenty of other swimmers standing nearby. Now keep in mind that I have been following this thread for quite a while, so I was very interested in her appearance and how she compared to the other athletes. In terms of muscle size, "cut" of muscles, and so on, Dara didn't look any different when compared to the other female athletes. Her shoulders and upper arms didn't stand out at all. I was actually surprised that she really didn't stand out. The only thing I noticed was that even in goggles and a cap, you can tell by looking at her face that she is obviously much older than the other athletes. Dara does have a superb stroke. It surprised me to see that at least one of her feet seems to come completely out of the water when she kicks. Kara Lynn Joyce also has a beautiful stroke, and it's deceptive. She doesn't look like she's going as fast as she is. Anna Lea
Children
No Data