Dara Torres-Amazing

Former Member
Former Member
Dara just one the national title in the 100M Freestyle in 54.4 at the ripe old age of 40. Simply Incredible. :applaud: :woot: If that's not inspiring I don't know what is.
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 16 years ago
    I'm also very interested in the stretching exercises that she undergoes (reported at 60 minutes). Recently, I went to an NBA basketball game and could not believe how much range of motion the players had to undertake while warming up. After a short warmup (jogging, shooting), each player had his legs stretched by a trainer who appeared to use his body weight to pull and push each players leg while they were prone (stomach and back) past what would be a normal range. Our college basketball teams don't do anything close to what the pros were doing for stretching. DT's two stretch/massage trainers may be applying similar techniques to increase her range of motion and strength -esp where one has limited mechanical advantage. Dara is being stretched using a method called Resistance Flexibility & Strength Training. The method of stretching you saw the NBA players being stretched with was most likely PNF stretching or active isolated stretching. RFST has yet to hit mainstream. Dara started training with Bob Cooley, the creator of the system, back in 2000 for the Sydney games and she is now getting stretched several times each week.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 16 years ago
    I'm also very interested in the stretching exercises that she undergoes (reported at 60 minutes). Recently, I went to an NBA basketball game and could not believe how much range of motion the players had to undertake while warming up. After a short warmup (jogging, shooting), each player had his legs stretched by a trainer who appeared to use his body weight to pull and push each players leg while they were prone (stomach and back) past what would be a normal range. Our college basketball teams don't do anything close to what the pros were doing for stretching. DT's two stretch/massage trainers may be applying similar techniques to increase her range of motion and strength -esp where one has limited mechanical advantage. Dara is being stretched using a method called Resistance Flexibility & Strength Training. The method of stretching you saw the NBA players being stretched with was most likely PNF stretching or active isolated stretching. RFST has yet to hit mainstream. Dara started training with Bob Cooley, the creator of the system, back in 2000 for the Sydney games and she is now getting stretched several times each week.
Children
No Data