Dara Torres-Amazing

Former Member
Former Member
Dara just one the national title in the 100M Freestyle in 54.4 at the ripe old age of 40. Simply Incredible. :applaud: :woot: If that's not inspiring I don't know what is.
Parents
  • Sounds like DT is applying a lot of functional fitness training with weights in her routines. This is the latest buzz, and there is a lot of balance work, a lot of using weights to do moves that you use everyday, in her case the swimming, in my case, picking up groceries, reaching for the top shelf, stuff like that, not falling down the stairs near as much:cane: With lots of brains behind her training from all areas as team DT has, I can believe she can add 10 pounds of muscle without enhancement. As a woman in my 40's, without the aid of a team behind me, I have been able to add significant muscle in the last 10 years, so I just think most women don't tap what they have, which is what is making what DT is doing a bit unusual. For the question of stroke work. I notice the age groupers(and this includes the National team), begin their season with a lot more stroke work in that first 6 week period, but the work continues, always incorporating drill work and such. I know I always try to be mindful of my stroke, always trying to improve it, because I believe that is where I will get the greatest time improvements at this point.
  • Sounds like DT is applying a lot of functional fitness training with weights in her routines. This is the latest buzz, and there is a lot of balance work, a lot of using weights to do moves that you use everyday, in her case the swimming, in my case, picking up groceries, reaching for the top shelf, stuff like that, not falling down the stairs near as much:cane: With lots of brains behind her training from all areas as team DT has, I can believe she can add 10 pounds of muscle without enhancement. As a woman in my 40's, without the aid of a team behind me, I have been able to add significant muscle in the last 10 years, so I just think most women don't tap what they have, which is what is making what DT is doing a bit unusual. For the question of stroke work. I notice the age groupers(and this includes the National team), begin their season with a lot more stroke work in that first 6 week period, but the work continues, always incorporating drill work and such. I know I always try to be mindful of my stroke, always trying to improve it, because I believe that is where I will get the greatest time improvements at this point.
Children
No Data