Dara Torres-Amazing

Former Member
Former Member
Dara just one the national title in the 100M Freestyle in 54.4 at the ripe old age of 40. Simply Incredible. :applaud: :woot: If that's not inspiring I don't know what is.
Parents
  • That season I dropped my 500 time from around 5:10 to close to 5:00. That was the year SC Nats were in Ft. Lauderdale and that was probably my best meet to date, at least short course. Kirk, Sounds like you're the "few years older" version of me... that's a very familiar situation for me as well. I was on my bike a lot that year as well, doing a bit of training for a small tri. It is hard to remember what I did that year but I'm probably a bit of an extreme case for variation in training (ie hockey?!?!). On a Dara note, I thought that ball/weight/freestyle pose thing was very intriguing, and think i may try that at some point.
  • That season I dropped my 500 time from around 5:10 to close to 5:00. That was the year SC Nats were in Ft. Lauderdale and that was probably my best meet to date, at least short course. Kirk, Sounds like you're the "few years older" version of me... that's a very familiar situation for me as well. I was on my bike a lot that year as well, doing a bit of training for a small tri. It is hard to remember what I did that year but I'm probably a bit of an extreme case for variation in training (ie hockey?!?!). On a Dara note, I thought that ball/weight/freestyle pose thing was very intriguing, and think i may try that at some point.
Children
No Data