Dara Torres-Amazing

Former Member
Former Member
Dara just one the national title in the 100M Freestyle in 54.4 at the ripe old age of 40. Simply Incredible. :applaud: :woot: If that's not inspiring I don't know what is.
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 16 years ago
    This may be old news to many of you. Here's an link to an interview that Dara did in 2000 after the Sidney Olympics on the Charlie Rose show. Very ironic that Marion Jones is also interviewed on this show: www.youtube.com/watch She's obviously a driven, talented person, but she makes one comment that is either naive or telling, that is, that she put on 20 pounds of muscle by following a high-protein diet. I'm sorry to be contradictory, but this makes no sense whatsoever. There was something else going on that added that muscle. Charlie Rose, the interviewer, totally soft-balled this issue.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 16 years ago
    This may be old news to many of you. Here's an link to an interview that Dara did in 2000 after the Sidney Olympics on the Charlie Rose show. Very ironic that Marion Jones is also interviewed on this show: www.youtube.com/watch She's obviously a driven, talented person, but she makes one comment that is either naive or telling, that is, that she put on 20 pounds of muscle by following a high-protein diet. I'm sorry to be contradictory, but this makes no sense whatsoever. There was something else going on that added that muscle. Charlie Rose, the interviewer, totally soft-balled this issue.
Children
No Data