Dara Torres-Amazing

Former Member
Former Member
Dara just one the national title in the 100M Freestyle in 54.4 at the ripe old age of 40. Simply Incredible. :applaud: :woot: If that's not inspiring I don't know what is.
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 16 years ago
    Regarding why a masters swimmer would ever cheat...ego aside...follow the money. There is money to be made in this sport via clinics, private coaching, etc. Not a lot...but more than people would realize. I disagree. I think it's all about ego. It's human nature, like it or not. Look at the money spent on Botox, cosmetic surgery, trophy wives. Aging is frustrating and unfair. The temptation to cheat the process is hard to resist. If our rule book contains a section on proper entry during warmup and a prohibition on the use of tobacco products on deck, why not a statement prohibiting the use of performance enhancing drugs? Offenders would face a two year suspension and forfeiture of records and national championships.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 16 years ago
    Regarding why a masters swimmer would ever cheat...ego aside...follow the money. There is money to be made in this sport via clinics, private coaching, etc. Not a lot...but more than people would realize. I disagree. I think it's all about ego. It's human nature, like it or not. Look at the money spent on Botox, cosmetic surgery, trophy wives. Aging is frustrating and unfair. The temptation to cheat the process is hard to resist. If our rule book contains a section on proper entry during warmup and a prohibition on the use of tobacco products on deck, why not a statement prohibiting the use of performance enhancing drugs? Offenders would face a two year suspension and forfeiture of records and national championships.
Children
No Data