Dara Torres-Amazing

Former Member
Former Member
Dara just one the national title in the 100M Freestyle in 54.4 at the ripe old age of 40. Simply Incredible. :applaud: :woot: If that's not inspiring I don't know what is.
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 16 years ago
    The folks who have given their opinions on here have experienced a lot, were (are) elite level swimmers, train hard and smart, etc. : i don't think any of the elite level masters that have voiced their opinions on this thread approach the training discipline that dara has undertaken. i could be wrong but i have read lots of the blogs and posts...so correct me if i am wrong. yoga is a great cross training activity but cannot approach the benefits of assisted stretching (which i read as ART or deep tissue massage). i have said in the past that i enjoy a good practice as much as i do a good race. i would think that many masters do as well and so, do not devote 6 months or more training for a 50 or 200 at nats. it makes those who do stand out as the exceptions. dara torres is one exceptional exception.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 16 years ago
    The folks who have given their opinions on here have experienced a lot, were (are) elite level swimmers, train hard and smart, etc. : i don't think any of the elite level masters that have voiced their opinions on this thread approach the training discipline that dara has undertaken. i could be wrong but i have read lots of the blogs and posts...so correct me if i am wrong. yoga is a great cross training activity but cannot approach the benefits of assisted stretching (which i read as ART or deep tissue massage). i have said in the past that i enjoy a good practice as much as i do a good race. i would think that many masters do as well and so, do not devote 6 months or more training for a 50 or 200 at nats. it makes those who do stand out as the exceptions. dara torres is one exceptional exception.
Children
No Data