Dara Torres-Amazing

Former Member
Former Member
Dara just one the national title in the 100M Freestyle in 54.4 at the ripe old age of 40. Simply Incredible. :applaud: :woot: If that's not inspiring I don't know what is.
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 16 years ago
    Yes. These FINA rules apply to all athletes. At this time testing of Masters athletes has not been implemented. But just because FINA is not testing Masters does not make it legal, right or fair. Is there a list of banned substances for Masters Swimming? If not how do we have a rule against banned substances? Also, if they don't test, how can it be illegal. I also agree about being right or fair. Call me a cyninc, but I think there are a few who do compete in this organization that don't care. I think they just want to win at any cost. To each his own...:dedhorse:
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 16 years ago
    Yes. These FINA rules apply to all athletes. At this time testing of Masters athletes has not been implemented. But just because FINA is not testing Masters does not make it legal, right or fair. Is there a list of banned substances for Masters Swimming? If not how do we have a rule against banned substances? Also, if they don't test, how can it be illegal. I also agree about being right or fair. Call me a cyninc, but I think there are a few who do compete in this organization that don't care. I think they just want to win at any cost. To each his own...:dedhorse:
Children
No Data