Dara Torres-Amazing

Former Member
Former Member
Dara just one the national title in the 100M Freestyle in 54.4 at the ripe old age of 40. Simply Incredible. :applaud: :woot: If that's not inspiring I don't know what is.
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 16 years ago
    Marion Jones was the "darling" of US track and field and never tested positive. Her admission has got to be somehwat of an embarassment to WADA, FINA and USADA. Why should I as a spectator believe anyone is truly "clean" until there is greater proof that these organizations are able to more accurately test for the correct agents that are out there. Saying someone passed drug tests means less and less every year. About the only thing you can say positively is that the person wasn't stupid enough to get caught. Might I suggest that what Dara is doing is one of the greatest athletic achievements of all time....... across all sports.......... a woman of her age with such strength and speed in her 40s. No one has ever come even close to this in the pool. Is it a "natural" performance or drug assisted? ......... unfortunately, we may never know. John Smith
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 16 years ago
    Marion Jones was the "darling" of US track and field and never tested positive. Her admission has got to be somehwat of an embarassment to WADA, FINA and USADA. Why should I as a spectator believe anyone is truly "clean" until there is greater proof that these organizations are able to more accurately test for the correct agents that are out there. Saying someone passed drug tests means less and less every year. About the only thing you can say positively is that the person wasn't stupid enough to get caught. Might I suggest that what Dara is doing is one of the greatest athletic achievements of all time....... across all sports.......... a woman of her age with such strength and speed in her 40s. No one has ever come even close to this in the pool. Is it a "natural" performance or drug assisted? ......... unfortunately, we may never know. John Smith
Children
No Data