Dara Torres-Amazing

Former Member
Former Member
Dara just one the national title in the 100M Freestyle in 54.4 at the ripe old age of 40. Simply Incredible. :applaud: :woot: If that's not inspiring I don't know what is.
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 16 years ago
    Its been a long time since I've looked in on this thread. Its impressive how polarizing this issue has become. Also, how much energy is invested in staking out positions that can neither be confirmed nor refuted. Skepticism is both healthy and understandable. Negative tests really don't mean much. What I am much more interested in is the alternative hypothesis: if she isn't cheating, what is she doing DIFFERENTLY that could account for her performance? I do recall that one of Ande's tip's suggest we change SOMETHING to get different results. I doubt that spending less time in the pool (relative to collegiate standards) and spending more time on core strengthening and resistance training is all that unique among master's athletes. From reading the NYTimes article, its clear that her nearly constant use of massage therapists is very unique; who among us could afford TWO full time therapists? I have no idea if this can be the critical factor. I'm sorry if there has been thoughtful discussion on this topic, but I wasn't willing to review all preceding posts to find it.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 16 years ago
    Its been a long time since I've looked in on this thread. Its impressive how polarizing this issue has become. Also, how much energy is invested in staking out positions that can neither be confirmed nor refuted. Skepticism is both healthy and understandable. Negative tests really don't mean much. What I am much more interested in is the alternative hypothesis: if she isn't cheating, what is she doing DIFFERENTLY that could account for her performance? I do recall that one of Ande's tip's suggest we change SOMETHING to get different results. I doubt that spending less time in the pool (relative to collegiate standards) and spending more time on core strengthening and resistance training is all that unique among master's athletes. From reading the NYTimes article, its clear that her nearly constant use of massage therapists is very unique; who among us could afford TWO full time therapists? I have no idea if this can be the critical factor. I'm sorry if there has been thoughtful discussion on this topic, but I wasn't willing to review all preceding posts to find it.
Children
No Data