Dara Torres-Amazing

Former Member
Former Member
Dara just one the national title in the 100M Freestyle in 54.4 at the ripe old age of 40. Simply Incredible. :applaud: :woot: If that's not inspiring I don't know what is.
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 16 years ago
    Here's the deal....we live in a world where cheating is an almost accepted practice; speeding, lying on resumes, etc. etc. etc. And the fact is...whether you want to put your head in the sand and ignore it...cheating in sports on all levels is rampant and growing. Having said that...I don't know if Dara is using drugs but given the magnitude of what she has done (put it in persepctive, this isn't a masters swimmer doing a best time, this is a 3x Olympian breaking the AR at 41 a little over a year after giving birth...imagine Nolan Ryan throwing faster in his 40's than his 20's like the Washington Post article just wrote about this), take into account her relationship with Richard Quick and ties to Balco in 2000, putting on 20lbs+ of muscle in 6 months, etc. etc. All of the above REQUIRES us to look closely and question...not accuse....but really question. So what is it, precisely, that you are looking closely at?
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 16 years ago
    Here's the deal....we live in a world where cheating is an almost accepted practice; speeding, lying on resumes, etc. etc. etc. And the fact is...whether you want to put your head in the sand and ignore it...cheating in sports on all levels is rampant and growing. Having said that...I don't know if Dara is using drugs but given the magnitude of what she has done (put it in persepctive, this isn't a masters swimmer doing a best time, this is a 3x Olympian breaking the AR at 41 a little over a year after giving birth...imagine Nolan Ryan throwing faster in his 40's than his 20's like the Washington Post article just wrote about this), take into account her relationship with Richard Quick and ties to Balco in 2000, putting on 20lbs+ of muscle in 6 months, etc. etc. All of the above REQUIRES us to look closely and question...not accuse....but really question. So what is it, precisely, that you are looking closely at?
Children
No Data