Dara Torres-Amazing

Former Member
Former Member
Dara just one the national title in the 100M Freestyle in 54.4 at the ripe old age of 40. Simply Incredible. :applaud: :woot: If that's not inspiring I don't know what is.
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 16 years ago
    5{!apprentice;114635]that article even said that she has her blood drawn monthly as per HER own request to fight off the vicious rumors with a more comprehensive drug screen than a simple urine sample. Talk about sticking it to them. Another olympic medal swimmer who was very voiceferous in her rejection of doping, claimed to be the most tested swimmer in the world at one point, volunteered blood for testing and even campaigned for blood tests be mandatory for top athletes was Michelle Smith. If Darra is doing this clean then it is amazing and an example to us all of what can be achieved despite age. Personally I have my doubts.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 16 years ago
    5{!apprentice;114635]that article even said that she has her blood drawn monthly as per HER own request to fight off the vicious rumors with a more comprehensive drug screen than a simple urine sample. Talk about sticking it to them. Another olympic medal swimmer who was very voiceferous in her rejection of doping, claimed to be the most tested swimmer in the world at one point, volunteered blood for testing and even campaigned for blood tests be mandatory for top athletes was Michelle Smith. If Darra is doing this clean then it is amazing and an example to us all of what can be achieved despite age. Personally I have my doubts.
Children
No Data