Dara Torres-Amazing

Former Member
Former Member
Dara just one the national title in the 100M Freestyle in 54.4 at the ripe old age of 40. Simply Incredible. :applaud: :woot: If that's not inspiring I don't know what is.
Parents
  • Trying to compare any swimmer to a baseball user is not fair to either party. Lest ye forget that baseball did not ban some of the substances that McGwire, Bonds, Giambi et al. used until very recently. The assault on the recordbooks may have been aided, but for the most part, it was not against the laws of their sport. While the fact that Dara can smoke her times from her days in college 20+ years ago is truly an amazing feat, I do NOT think it is an unreasonable feat. I mean, its a frickin 50. :bolt:
  • Trying to compare any swimmer to a baseball user is not fair to either party. Lest ye forget that baseball did not ban some of the substances that McGwire, Bonds, Giambi et al. used until very recently. The assault on the recordbooks may have been aided, but for the most part, it was not against the laws of their sport. While the fact that Dara can smoke her times from her days in college 20+ years ago is truly an amazing feat, I do NOT think it is an unreasonable feat. I mean, its a frickin 50. :bolt:
Children
No Data