Dara Torres-Amazing

Former Member
Former Member
Dara just one the national title in the 100M Freestyle in 54.4 at the ripe old age of 40. Simply Incredible. :applaud: :woot: If that's not inspiring I don't know what is.
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 16 years ago
    When 39 year-old Dara Torres set two World Masters swimming records during the Fort Lauderdale Masters Challenge Swim Meet a few years ago, both records were the fastest ever swam by any female Masters Swimmer. Torres' time, 22.34 in the 50-yard Free, broke the old record of 23.53 from 1996 held by Sandy Neilson-Bell. That time was faster than she swam in college, (22.38) in 1988. Gee, I wonder where all that strength suddenly came from. I’m sure it was earned from hard work and dedication just like Barry Bonds. When Barry decided to buckle down after 10 years in Major League Baseball he rededicated himself to hard work in the weight room in order to gain the strength necessary to carry him into baseball history. Barry is such an inspiration to us all. We cannot forget Mark McGuire and his tremendous determination for he accomplished the same thing as Barry Bonds. Mark turned around his life through hard work in the weight room many years after he began his major League Baseball career. Mark was a true inspiration for us all because he was reborn and became a new man with his dedication to excellence in sports and weight/strength training. Lastly, we cannot forget Marion Jones and her tremendous conditioning program and her fantastic weight/strength program that built her into the fastest woman in the world. These were truly amazing athletes with their dedication to excellence in their competitive lives. It gives me goose bumps just thinking of their sheer determination to become the very best athletes the world had to offer.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 16 years ago
    When 39 year-old Dara Torres set two World Masters swimming records during the Fort Lauderdale Masters Challenge Swim Meet a few years ago, both records were the fastest ever swam by any female Masters Swimmer. Torres' time, 22.34 in the 50-yard Free, broke the old record of 23.53 from 1996 held by Sandy Neilson-Bell. That time was faster than she swam in college, (22.38) in 1988. Gee, I wonder where all that strength suddenly came from. I’m sure it was earned from hard work and dedication just like Barry Bonds. When Barry decided to buckle down after 10 years in Major League Baseball he rededicated himself to hard work in the weight room in order to gain the strength necessary to carry him into baseball history. Barry is such an inspiration to us all. We cannot forget Mark McGuire and his tremendous determination for he accomplished the same thing as Barry Bonds. Mark turned around his life through hard work in the weight room many years after he began his major League Baseball career. Mark was a true inspiration for us all because he was reborn and became a new man with his dedication to excellence in sports and weight/strength training. Lastly, we cannot forget Marion Jones and her tremendous conditioning program and her fantastic weight/strength program that built her into the fastest woman in the world. These were truly amazing athletes with their dedication to excellence in their competitive lives. It gives me goose bumps just thinking of their sheer determination to become the very best athletes the world had to offer.
Children
No Data