Dara Torres-Amazing

Former Member
Former Member
Dara just one the national title in the 100M Freestyle in 54.4 at the ripe old age of 40. Simply Incredible. :applaud: :woot: If that's not inspiring I don't know what is.
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 17 years ago
    Tracy; In case you weren't aware people in the "real" world of sports are almost always tested after a WR as well as on a year around basis. The argument a number of us have been trying to make here....mostly unsuccessfully.....is that the cheaters are far ahead of the testers and given past/current history skepticism is warranted when new benchmarks are achieved as far as time break thrus, age breakthroughs, etc. By the way, if you new me personally you would know I am optimist and I take offense at your accusation of "blasting" Dara....I've only brought up my questions of her peformance nothing personal...which by the way I know her and she's a very nice person as well as an incredible talent. Kirk; sorry buddy by I simply disagree, go back to some of the early postings by Goodsmith, White Buffalo, etc. that make very compelling arguments/comparisons to other athletes/sports.... Quicksilver....yes I was asked to be tested after breaking the WR in the 50 fly at the Australian Masters nationals a couple years ago....for alcohol consumption....in front of 300 swimmers at the awards ceremony...it was a joke....and actually very funny...but hey I'm all for testing even in masters if was offered up. So I've made my observations and had my say....and now moving on to the next controversial thread! :duel: Paul, personal attack aside....I do live in the "real" world thank you very much. Can you please tell me where I offended you? I sure never meant to, and I apologize if I did.....the comment was a generalization of what happens to people for doing something good. At least that's the way I meant it.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 17 years ago
    Tracy; In case you weren't aware people in the "real" world of sports are almost always tested after a WR as well as on a year around basis. The argument a number of us have been trying to make here....mostly unsuccessfully.....is that the cheaters are far ahead of the testers and given past/current history skepticism is warranted when new benchmarks are achieved as far as time break thrus, age breakthroughs, etc. By the way, if you new me personally you would know I am optimist and I take offense at your accusation of "blasting" Dara....I've only brought up my questions of her peformance nothing personal...which by the way I know her and she's a very nice person as well as an incredible talent. Kirk; sorry buddy by I simply disagree, go back to some of the early postings by Goodsmith, White Buffalo, etc. that make very compelling arguments/comparisons to other athletes/sports.... Quicksilver....yes I was asked to be tested after breaking the WR in the 50 fly at the Australian Masters nationals a couple years ago....for alcohol consumption....in front of 300 swimmers at the awards ceremony...it was a joke....and actually very funny...but hey I'm all for testing even in masters if was offered up. So I've made my observations and had my say....and now moving on to the next controversial thread! :duel: Paul, personal attack aside....I do live in the "real" world thank you very much. Can you please tell me where I offended you? I sure never meant to, and I apologize if I did.....the comment was a generalization of what happens to people for doing something good. At least that's the way I meant it.
Children
No Data