Dara Torres-Amazing

Former Member
Former Member
Dara just one the national title in the 100M Freestyle in 54.4 at the ripe old age of 40. Simply Incredible. :applaud: :woot: If that's not inspiring I don't know what is.
Parents
  • I disagree with Paul's assertion that Dara's performances were "earth-shattering," too. Yes, her 50 free was a new American Record, but still four tenths of a second off the World mark. Her 100 time was over a second off Coughlin's American Record set this year in Melbourne. It's almost 1.5 seconds off the 52.99 Libby Lenton swam in the mixed relay at Duel in the Pool. In fact it places her 8th this year in the world rankings. Yes, damn impressive for a 40 year old, but not what I'd call earth-shattering (her 50 ties her for 3rd in the world).
  • I disagree with Paul's assertion that Dara's performances were "earth-shattering," too. Yes, her 50 free was a new American Record, but still four tenths of a second off the World mark. Her 100 time was over a second off Coughlin's American Record set this year in Melbourne. It's almost 1.5 seconds off the 52.99 Libby Lenton swam in the mixed relay at Duel in the Pool. In fact it places her 8th this year in the world rankings. Yes, damn impressive for a 40 year old, but not what I'd call earth-shattering (her 50 ties her for 3rd in the world).
Children
No Data