Dara Torres-Amazing

Former Member
Former Member
Dara just one the national title in the 100M Freestyle in 54.4 at the ripe old age of 40. Simply Incredible. :applaud: :woot: If that's not inspiring I don't know what is.
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 17 years ago
    I guess the below excerpt summarizes well the inconvenient truth of high performance-professional (i.e. for profit) "sport" including swimming "Dr. Charles Yesalis, professor of health and human development at Penn State, has spent the last 22 years studying the subject. He is firmly convinced that illegal substance use is rampant in many sports, including swimming. The difference, he notes, is that East Germany and China had/have an organized dirty system, while the U.S., Canada and Australia, among others, have labored in a "dirty and unorganized" fashion."
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 17 years ago
    I guess the below excerpt summarizes well the inconvenient truth of high performance-professional (i.e. for profit) "sport" including swimming "Dr. Charles Yesalis, professor of health and human development at Penn State, has spent the last 22 years studying the subject. He is firmly convinced that illegal substance use is rampant in many sports, including swimming. The difference, he notes, is that East Germany and China had/have an organized dirty system, while the U.S., Canada and Australia, among others, have labored in a "dirty and unorganized" fashion."
Children
No Data