Dara Torres-Amazing

Former Member
Former Member
Dara just one the national title in the 100M Freestyle in 54.4 at the ripe old age of 40. Simply Incredible. :applaud: :woot: If that's not inspiring I don't know what is.
Parents
  • Wayne, with all due respect this statement is either: A) An attempt at humor B) Completely irresponsible C) Out of line with what any rational coach/athlete should be saying given the state of athletcis in the world today. No one here has come out and accused Dara of cheating....however given the extraordinary times she has achieved given much of what has been cited....requires us to question what/how has happened. If someone had not sent in an anonymous tip Balco would not have been uncovered...cheating is an incredible science today and FINA/USS/WADA will always be 3 steps behind. If you truly have inside, 100% confirmation that nothing "funny" has taken place with Dara...or any other athlete...I ask you to put up $100,000 just ha Dara has with her blood...and see what comes out of all this in 10 years. If on the other hand you you are suggesting that anyone questioning incredible athletic feats should be "hung" based on nothing more than your chat with her or them....then I would suggest maybe rethinking your suggestion. I do however think Evil-Goodsmith should be tested for extreme levels of caffeine at all future USMS meets....we all know he's "cheating"...hence his latest nickname; Hammie! :bouncing: And I thought the attempted hangings were due to: A) ripped FS Pro; B) groin pull from evilstroke; or C) just another "cranky" overcaffeinated masters swimmer.
  • Wayne, with all due respect this statement is either: A) An attempt at humor B) Completely irresponsible C) Out of line with what any rational coach/athlete should be saying given the state of athletcis in the world today. No one here has come out and accused Dara of cheating....however given the extraordinary times she has achieved given much of what has been cited....requires us to question what/how has happened. If someone had not sent in an anonymous tip Balco would not have been uncovered...cheating is an incredible science today and FINA/USS/WADA will always be 3 steps behind. If you truly have inside, 100% confirmation that nothing "funny" has taken place with Dara...or any other athlete...I ask you to put up $100,000 just ha Dara has with her blood...and see what comes out of all this in 10 years. If on the other hand you you are suggesting that anyone questioning incredible athletic feats should be "hung" based on nothing more than your chat with her or them....then I would suggest maybe rethinking your suggestion. I do however think Evil-Goodsmith should be tested for extreme levels of caffeine at all future USMS meets....we all know he's "cheating"...hence his latest nickname; Hammie! :bouncing: And I thought the attempted hangings were due to: A) ripped FS Pro; B) groin pull from evilstroke; or C) just another "cranky" overcaffeinated masters swimmer.
Children
No Data