Dara Torres-Amazing

Former Member
Former Member
Dara just one the national title in the 100M Freestyle in 54.4 at the ripe old age of 40. Simply Incredible. :applaud: :woot: If that's not inspiring I don't know what is.
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 17 years ago
    "All 3 of my children (14,12,8) swim competitively now. I have taught them that supplements and drugs beyond mere vitamins and protein powder are flat out cheating. I am confident they will not act foolishly in their future swimming career. I can not say that about a growing percentage of young swimmers who begin with lessor items as Creatine in highschool and expand from there in college and beyond." Dear Mr Goodsmith, I find it interesting reading your above quote. I over heard you telling your 14 year old at a meet 12 days ago, "take two sips of coffee before your race." I know that is not cheating, but isn't baby steps toward other enhancing drugs? I recall the reply of your child, "I don't want to. I want to do it on my own." It is remarkable your children can decifer your 'good' and 'evil' advice. Swimmingly yours, Evan Is this for real? :confused:
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 17 years ago
    "All 3 of my children (14,12,8) swim competitively now. I have taught them that supplements and drugs beyond mere vitamins and protein powder are flat out cheating. I am confident they will not act foolishly in their future swimming career. I can not say that about a growing percentage of young swimmers who begin with lessor items as Creatine in highschool and expand from there in college and beyond." Dear Mr Goodsmith, I find it interesting reading your above quote. I over heard you telling your 14 year old at a meet 12 days ago, "take two sips of coffee before your race." I know that is not cheating, but isn't baby steps toward other enhancing drugs? I recall the reply of your child, "I don't want to. I want to do it on my own." It is remarkable your children can decifer your 'good' and 'evil' advice. Swimmingly yours, Evan Is this for real? :confused:
Children
No Data