Dara Torres-Amazing

Former Member
Former Member
Dara just one the national title in the 100M Freestyle in 54.4 at the ripe old age of 40. Simply Incredible. :applaud: :woot: If that's not inspiring I don't know what is.
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 17 years ago
    For those that think Ms. Torres was unusually ripped looking in that starting block photo - have you ever seen Inge de Bruijn in similar situations? Inky is equally fit looking. As for Dara's new US record and huge margin of victory over the field....Dara's still four tenths off Inky's record from 2000. And why are the rest of the girls so damn slow that Dara beats them by seven tenths? So maybe another mystery is why the USA's women were so slow in the 50. We know Natalie wasn't there but she was soundly beaten at worlds in the 50. Did Dara have a special mojo to psyche them all out? Here's Inge. EDIT: Link didn't work, just a moment, looking for a picture I remember specifically. www.geocities.com/.../pics2000.html 3rd row, second from the left.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 17 years ago
    For those that think Ms. Torres was unusually ripped looking in that starting block photo - have you ever seen Inge de Bruijn in similar situations? Inky is equally fit looking. As for Dara's new US record and huge margin of victory over the field....Dara's still four tenths off Inky's record from 2000. And why are the rest of the girls so damn slow that Dara beats them by seven tenths? So maybe another mystery is why the USA's women were so slow in the 50. We know Natalie wasn't there but she was soundly beaten at worlds in the 50. Did Dara have a special mojo to psyche them all out? Here's Inge. EDIT: Link didn't work, just a moment, looking for a picture I remember specifically. www.geocities.com/.../pics2000.html 3rd row, second from the left.
Children
No Data