Dara Torres-Amazing

Former Member
Former Member
Dara just one the national title in the 100M Freestyle in 54.4 at the ripe old age of 40. Simply Incredible. :applaud: :woot: If that's not inspiring I don't know what is.
Parents
  • Dan, Skip, You're medal counting and need to be careful as we are discussing "owning" an individual event........... not a relay. Owning an event like Tracy, Mary T. or Janet means setting a World record and going undefeated for long periods both at US nationals and World events. Dara has never established this. Dara is a spectacular sprinter, but she is not on the same level as these women. I'm sorry..... my wife trained with Mary T., I trained a summer in Gainesville and saw Tracy workout. These women were incredible in their events and dominated the field in their events every time they hit the water for years on end. For you to compare Dara's winning performances on an equal level to Phelps is truly absurd. John Smith I never compared Dara perfromances to Phelps. What I said is that if Dara makes 5 Olympic teams that would be a challenge for Phelps. That means he would have to stay in the sport of swimming until 2020. That would mean he would have to stay swimming until he is 35 years old. He has stated that he plans to swim until 2012 and has made no plans beyond that. Please show me where I compared Dara to Phelps. Name me one American sprinter that owned there event? And don't compare non sprinters with this. Compare people that swam sprints like Dara. That is why I made the comparison to the 3 swimmers that I mentioned. The other 3 swimmers did own there events but the events that I was referring to like 50 Free, 100 Free, and 100 Fly was to make a valid comparison with swimmers during the same time periods.
  • Dan, Skip, You're medal counting and need to be careful as we are discussing "owning" an individual event........... not a relay. Owning an event like Tracy, Mary T. or Janet means setting a World record and going undefeated for long periods both at US nationals and World events. Dara has never established this. Dara is a spectacular sprinter, but she is not on the same level as these women. I'm sorry..... my wife trained with Mary T., I trained a summer in Gainesville and saw Tracy workout. These women were incredible in their events and dominated the field in their events every time they hit the water for years on end. For you to compare Dara's winning performances on an equal level to Phelps is truly absurd. John Smith I never compared Dara perfromances to Phelps. What I said is that if Dara makes 5 Olympic teams that would be a challenge for Phelps. That means he would have to stay in the sport of swimming until 2020. That would mean he would have to stay swimming until he is 35 years old. He has stated that he plans to swim until 2012 and has made no plans beyond that. Please show me where I compared Dara to Phelps. Name me one American sprinter that owned there event? And don't compare non sprinters with this. Compare people that swam sprints like Dara. That is why I made the comparison to the 3 swimmers that I mentioned. The other 3 swimmers did own there events but the events that I was referring to like 50 Free, 100 Free, and 100 Fly was to make a valid comparison with swimmers during the same time periods.
Children
No Data