Dara Torres-Amazing

Former Member
Former Member
Dara just one the national title in the 100M Freestyle in 54.4 at the ripe old age of 40. Simply Incredible. :applaud: :woot: If that's not inspiring I don't know what is.
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 17 years ago
    Cripe! To pull a blue muppet, DISCLAIMER: I am by no means an authority on this subject, and I know a lot of women use these for regulatory purposes too, but were I to be a female with a shot at the olympics, any pre-games :banana: hubba:kiss1: hubba:banana: would be out the window. I'd want no chance at taking that risk. No forbidden dance & no pills, or no olympics. I'd take the former. That's just me. (i'll probably be sorry for barging in on this feminine topic later) You know, I never understood Angel's excuse of the birth control pill. Was she saying that she was on that and that it read as a false positive? When I look on USA swimming's site, the major birth control pills are listed as legal. Strange. Was she just looking for an excuse? I assume quite a few female swimmers are on it and I've never known it to create false test results (meaning doping results - I had several friend get pregnant while on the pill!) Too many women are on the pill for reasons other than getting pregnant. And, you never know how you will react when you get off it. But, I'm guessing here that it was the only excuse she could come up with. . . For me, when I went off it, I got extremely fatigued to the point of crashing and this was a few months after going off it. My swimming was :cane::drown: for a while. Now, it's better.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 17 years ago
    Cripe! To pull a blue muppet, DISCLAIMER: I am by no means an authority on this subject, and I know a lot of women use these for regulatory purposes too, but were I to be a female with a shot at the olympics, any pre-games :banana: hubba:kiss1: hubba:banana: would be out the window. I'd want no chance at taking that risk. No forbidden dance & no pills, or no olympics. I'd take the former. That's just me. (i'll probably be sorry for barging in on this feminine topic later) You know, I never understood Angel's excuse of the birth control pill. Was she saying that she was on that and that it read as a false positive? When I look on USA swimming's site, the major birth control pills are listed as legal. Strange. Was she just looking for an excuse? I assume quite a few female swimmers are on it and I've never known it to create false test results (meaning doping results - I had several friend get pregnant while on the pill!) Too many women are on the pill for reasons other than getting pregnant. And, you never know how you will react when you get off it. But, I'm guessing here that it was the only excuse she could come up with. . . For me, when I went off it, I got extremely fatigued to the point of crashing and this was a few months after going off it. My swimming was :cane::drown: for a while. Now, it's better.
Children
No Data