Dara Torres-Amazing

Former Member
Former Member
Dara just one the national title in the 100M Freestyle in 54.4 at the ripe old age of 40. Simply Incredible. :applaud: :woot: If that's not inspiring I don't know what is.
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 17 years ago
    Dan, Anyone who cheats is going to claim they are clean and challenge anyone to refute them. I'm all for taking blood and freezing it for future testing..... but by then that person will probably be retired and have little impact on their career when they are out of the sport. Saying that you will have your samples frozen is merely a challenge to those who doubt. Heck, lets take all the winner's samples and freeze them. I'm for it. I don't see many people taking them up on it. Skip, You're medal counting and need to be careful as we are discussing "owning" an individual event........... not a relay. Owning an event like Tracy, Mary T. or Janet means setting a World record and going undefeated for long periods both at US nationals and World events. Dara has never established this. Dara is a spectacular sprinter, but she is not on the same level as these women. I'm sorry..... my wife trained with Mary T., I trained a summer in Gainesville and saw Tracy workout. These women were incredible in their events and dominated the field in their events every time they hit the water for years on end. For you to compare Dara's winning performances on an equal level to Phelps is truly absurd. John Smith
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 17 years ago
    Dan, Anyone who cheats is going to claim they are clean and challenge anyone to refute them. I'm all for taking blood and freezing it for future testing..... but by then that person will probably be retired and have little impact on their career when they are out of the sport. Saying that you will have your samples frozen is merely a challenge to those who doubt. Heck, lets take all the winner's samples and freeze them. I'm for it. I don't see many people taking them up on it. Skip, You're medal counting and need to be careful as we are discussing "owning" an individual event........... not a relay. Owning an event like Tracy, Mary T. or Janet means setting a World record and going undefeated for long periods both at US nationals and World events. Dara has never established this. Dara is a spectacular sprinter, but she is not on the same level as these women. I'm sorry..... my wife trained with Mary T., I trained a summer in Gainesville and saw Tracy workout. These women were incredible in their events and dominated the field in their events every time they hit the water for years on end. For you to compare Dara's winning performances on an equal level to Phelps is truly absurd. John Smith
Children
No Data