Dara Torres-Amazing

Former Member
Former Member
Dara just one the national title in the 100M Freestyle in 54.4 at the ripe old age of 40. Simply Incredible. :applaud: :woot: If that's not inspiring I don't know what is.
Parents
  • Should we really compare Dara to Angel Martino? Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Martino test positive for testosterone and was kicked off the 1988 Olympic team? That is true, however she served her suspension and was eligible to swim once that was over. She made 2 Olympic teams (1992 & 1996) and in 1992 swam to a bronze medal in the 50 Free and was on the gold medal 400 Free Relay. In 1996, qualified for the same 3 events that Amy Van Dyken did and swam to a bronze medal in the 100 Free and 100 Fly and was 4th in the 50 Free. She beat Amy in the 100 Free to give Amy a forth to go along with the 2 golds in the 50 Free and 100 Fly. Angel also swam on the 2 gold medal relays. The reason I bring her up is because before 2000 she had more Olympic medals than Dara did. Amy Van Dyken also had more Olympic medals than Dara did and these swimmers swam the same events that Dara did as well as Jenny Thompson.
  • Should we really compare Dara to Angel Martino? Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Martino test positive for testosterone and was kicked off the 1988 Olympic team? That is true, however she served her suspension and was eligible to swim once that was over. She made 2 Olympic teams (1992 & 1996) and in 1992 swam to a bronze medal in the 50 Free and was on the gold medal 400 Free Relay. In 1996, qualified for the same 3 events that Amy Van Dyken did and swam to a bronze medal in the 100 Free and 100 Fly and was 4th in the 50 Free. She beat Amy in the 100 Free to give Amy a forth to go along with the 2 golds in the 50 Free and 100 Fly. Angel also swam on the 2 gold medal relays. The reason I bring her up is because before 2000 she had more Olympic medals than Dara did. Amy Van Dyken also had more Olympic medals than Dara did and these swimmers swam the same events that Dara did as well as Jenny Thompson.
Children
No Data