Dara Torres-Amazing

Former Member
Former Member
Dara just one the national title in the 100M Freestyle in 54.4 at the ripe old age of 40. Simply Incredible. :applaud: :woot: If that's not inspiring I don't know what is.
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 17 years ago
    SCYfreestyler, Perhaps you are right. Perhaps since Dara really never "owned" an event like the great ones she swam against which were her peers in the 80's and 90's. This is her way of "owning" her piece of history in the sport.... i.e. through longevity. Note, I say great in the sense of Tracy Caulkins, Mary T. or Janet Evans. John Smith I'll buy that. In any case, if somebody has the competitive drive and can muster enough performance to actually make an Olympic Team...I say why not.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 17 years ago
    SCYfreestyler, Perhaps you are right. Perhaps since Dara really never "owned" an event like the great ones she swam against which were her peers in the 80's and 90's. This is her way of "owning" her piece of history in the sport.... i.e. through longevity. Note, I say great in the sense of Tracy Caulkins, Mary T. or Janet Evans. John Smith I'll buy that. In any case, if somebody has the competitive drive and can muster enough performance to actually make an Olympic Team...I say why not.
Children
No Data