Dara Torres-Amazing

Former Member
Former Member
Dara just one the national title in the 100M Freestyle in 54.4 at the ripe old age of 40. Simply Incredible. :applaud: :woot: If that's not inspiring I don't know what is.
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 17 years ago
    Dan, You assume a lot of rational thought in the mind of a cheater. It's not all about weighing the risk for them, its about the winning, the ego, the acceptance, the public recognition......etc...... Is her freestyle stroke great...... hell yes. I could probably point out a few flaws in the race, but they are easily overcome by her upper body strength in her stroke. The issue was never whether she was or is talented. The issue on this thread is........... "the edge". I don't know..... sometimes I wonder what is to be gained by making 5 Olympic teams vs. 4 Olympic teams ? John Smith
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 17 years ago
    Dan, You assume a lot of rational thought in the mind of a cheater. It's not all about weighing the risk for them, its about the winning, the ego, the acceptance, the public recognition......etc...... Is her freestyle stroke great...... hell yes. I could probably point out a few flaws in the race, but they are easily overcome by her upper body strength in her stroke. The issue was never whether she was or is talented. The issue on this thread is........... "the edge". I don't know..... sometimes I wonder what is to be gained by making 5 Olympic teams vs. 4 Olympic teams ? John Smith
Children
No Data