Dara Torres-Amazing

Former Member
Former Member
Dara just one the national title in the 100M Freestyle in 54.4 at the ripe old age of 40. Simply Incredible. :applaud: :woot: If that's not inspiring I don't know what is.
Parents
  • I don't know what it is about super athletes, it could just be their stupidity gets amplified more than the everyday Joe's. Most have lived quite the coddled life since about age 12 and maybe they think they are above it all, since they generally have been. When you've skated through life on sheer physical prowess, maybe things just don't register, like, say, buying a house for dog fighting when you make $20m+ to play football. I have a friend who lives this life but even he calls it "fantasy land" and is one of the few who realize that life isn't so easy when you make less than zillions playing games.
  • I don't know what it is about super athletes, it could just be their stupidity gets amplified more than the everyday Joe's. Most have lived quite the coddled life since about age 12 and maybe they think they are above it all, since they generally have been. When you've skated through life on sheer physical prowess, maybe things just don't register, like, say, buying a house for dog fighting when you make $20m+ to play football. I have a friend who lives this life but even he calls it "fantasy land" and is one of the few who realize that life isn't so easy when you make less than zillions playing games.
Children
No Data