Dara Torres-Amazing

Former Member
Former Member
Dara just one the national title in the 100M Freestyle in 54.4 at the ripe old age of 40. Simply Incredible. :applaud: :woot: If that's not inspiring I don't know what is.
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 17 years ago
    Running is not a good comparative to swimming for many reasons..... Weight training, taper,..... even the general yardage or mileage is a vastly different concept. Consider this, the average sprinter trains about 100 times his/her race distance every day. This is not possible for runners. Yet the longest competitive event in the pool is around 15 minutes (the mile) as opposed to the marathon which is several hours. I'd stick to swimmer vs. swimmer comparisons. John Smith
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 17 years ago
    Running is not a good comparative to swimming for many reasons..... Weight training, taper,..... even the general yardage or mileage is a vastly different concept. Consider this, the average sprinter trains about 100 times his/her race distance every day. This is not possible for runners. Yet the longest competitive event in the pool is around 15 minutes (the mile) as opposed to the marathon which is several hours. I'd stick to swimmer vs. swimmer comparisons. John Smith
Children
No Data