Dara Torres-Amazing

Former Member
Former Member
Dara just one the national title in the 100M Freestyle in 54.4 at the ripe old age of 40. Simply Incredible. :applaud: :woot: If that's not inspiring I don't know what is.
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 17 years ago
    Jayhawk's example of the forged birth certificate is still cracking me up. Me too, Fort. I'm going to alter mine to say I'm 70...that should get me a NQT next year.;) As a novice, I have no opinion on dope/no-dope. Last year my daughter and I watched the Tour...thankfully she forgot about Landis quickly. Wednesday, however, she was sitting in the stands with me, watching Torres perform. She's into swimming (came to two finals sessions w/ me) and now knows many of the top names in the field. I'm nobody's fool, but I'm hoping for an outlier. I don't think watching sports heros going down in doping flames is good for the kids, or any of us.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 17 years ago
    Jayhawk's example of the forged birth certificate is still cracking me up. Me too, Fort. I'm going to alter mine to say I'm 70...that should get me a NQT next year.;) As a novice, I have no opinion on dope/no-dope. Last year my daughter and I watched the Tour...thankfully she forgot about Landis quickly. Wednesday, however, she was sitting in the stands with me, watching Torres perform. She's into swimming (came to two finals sessions w/ me) and now knows many of the top names in the field. I'm nobody's fool, but I'm hoping for an outlier. I don't think watching sports heros going down in doping flames is good for the kids, or any of us.
Children
No Data