Dara Torres-Amazing

Former Member
Former Member
Dara just one the national title in the 100M Freestyle in 54.4 at the ripe old age of 40. Simply Incredible. :applaud: :woot: If that's not inspiring I don't know what is.
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 17 years ago
    It is not unreasonable to think that Dara would have owned the record book if she had not been anorexic in her late teens/early 20's. I would not compare Dara to any male swimmer: Sprinting for a man is about more about power, for women not so much. Dara did not pop off a 22 in the 50 as a 16 year old because she was strong. If she is *** feeding and doping that would be just sad. Elite athletes do not cheat for the money (at least it is low on the list). Having it or not having it neither absolves or proves anything (this has been the most useless issue to pop up in the thread).
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 17 years ago
    It is not unreasonable to think that Dara would have owned the record book if she had not been anorexic in her late teens/early 20's. I would not compare Dara to any male swimmer: Sprinting for a man is about more about power, for women not so much. Dara did not pop off a 22 in the 50 as a 16 year old because she was strong. If she is *** feeding and doping that would be just sad. Elite athletes do not cheat for the money (at least it is low on the list). Having it or not having it neither absolves or proves anything (this has been the most useless issue to pop up in the thread).
Children
No Data