Dara Torres-Amazing

Former Member
Former Member
Dara just one the national title in the 100M Freestyle in 54.4 at the ripe old age of 40. Simply Incredible. :applaud: :woot: If that's not inspiring I don't know what is.
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 17 years ago
    And finally, I guarantee there are Masters swimmers who are juiced. It's human nature. I'm sure this is true. It's amazing what some people will do for perceived glory. A few years ago there was a Masters swimmer who was stripped of a world record, after it was discovered that he had altered his birth certificate to make himself a year older. Read that again: he ALTERED HIS BIRTH CERTIFICATE for a MASTERS record. Now, outside of all of us, who even knows that world records for Masters swimming even exist? (How many people outside of us know that Masters swimming exists?) It seems like a lot of effort for a small amount of fame. But if there's someone willing to go to that extreme, I'm sure there are Masters athletes willing to give drugs a try. Anna Lea
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 17 years ago
    And finally, I guarantee there are Masters swimmers who are juiced. It's human nature. I'm sure this is true. It's amazing what some people will do for perceived glory. A few years ago there was a Masters swimmer who was stripped of a world record, after it was discovered that he had altered his birth certificate to make himself a year older. Read that again: he ALTERED HIS BIRTH CERTIFICATE for a MASTERS record. Now, outside of all of us, who even knows that world records for Masters swimming even exist? (How many people outside of us know that Masters swimming exists?) It seems like a lot of effort for a small amount of fame. But if there's someone willing to go to that extreme, I'm sure there are Masters athletes willing to give drugs a try. Anna Lea
Children
No Data