Dara Torres-Amazing

Former Member
Former Member
Dara just one the national title in the 100M Freestyle in 54.4 at the ripe old age of 40. Simply Incredible. :applaud: :woot: If that's not inspiring I don't know what is.
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 17 years ago
    In the coming years, the first man who might be capable of such a feat is Neil Walker. Since he is one of the older Olympic level athletes who is still training hard. There aren't very many athletes who could retire for 4, 5, or 6 years then make the kind of remarkable comeback that Dara made. Actually I was going to mention Neil Walker. To my knowledge he has never retired and at age 31 placed fourth in the 100 free at Nationals. He is an outstanding swimmer, but I do not believe that he could (legally) pull off what Dara has.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 17 years ago
    In the coming years, the first man who might be capable of such a feat is Neil Walker. Since he is one of the older Olympic level athletes who is still training hard. There aren't very many athletes who could retire for 4, 5, or 6 years then make the kind of remarkable comeback that Dara made. Actually I was going to mention Neil Walker. To my knowledge he has never retired and at age 31 placed fourth in the 100 free at Nationals. He is an outstanding swimmer, but I do not believe that he could (legally) pull off what Dara has.
Children
No Data