Dara Torres-Amazing

Former Member
Former Member
Dara just one the national title in the 100M Freestyle in 54.4 at the ripe old age of 40. Simply Incredible. :applaud: :woot: If that's not inspiring I don't know what is.
Parents
  • The statistical probability of this is virtually impossible without drugs.You’ve obviously done the math here, so hopefully you can help us out… If it is statistically impossible at age 40 to be a clean elite swimmer, then what is the age does this statistically impossibility occur? Could a 30 year old swimmer be elite? How about 31? Do I hear 33? Where exactly is the statistical tipping point? Also, is it beyond the realm of possibility that a number of elite athletes are using “legal” performance enhancing drugs and supplements? With legal being defined as not banned by WADA. Supplements such as creatine, Muscle Milk, Gatorade, flax seed, fish oil, vitamin E, soda, amino acid… Is using legal supplements cheating? And where are the grey areas within “legal”? For example I personally believe that creatine should be banned and that anyone who has used it has cheated, but I believe that for example fish oil shouldn’t be banned and people who use it to enhance performance aren’t cheating. Should all the creatine users/abusers be vilified as cheaters for using a performance enhancing drug? Maybe, but I hope not, since after all it is legal.
  • The statistical probability of this is virtually impossible without drugs.You’ve obviously done the math here, so hopefully you can help us out… If it is statistically impossible at age 40 to be a clean elite swimmer, then what is the age does this statistically impossibility occur? Could a 30 year old swimmer be elite? How about 31? Do I hear 33? Where exactly is the statistical tipping point? Also, is it beyond the realm of possibility that a number of elite athletes are using “legal” performance enhancing drugs and supplements? With legal being defined as not banned by WADA. Supplements such as creatine, Muscle Milk, Gatorade, flax seed, fish oil, vitamin E, soda, amino acid… Is using legal supplements cheating? And where are the grey areas within “legal”? For example I personally believe that creatine should be banned and that anyone who has used it has cheated, but I believe that for example fish oil shouldn’t be banned and people who use it to enhance performance aren’t cheating. Should all the creatine users/abusers be vilified as cheaters for using a performance enhancing drug? Maybe, but I hope not, since after all it is legal.
Children
No Data