Dara Torres-Amazing

Former Member
Former Member
Dara just one the national title in the 100M Freestyle in 54.4 at the ripe old age of 40. Simply Incredible. :applaud: :woot: If that's not inspiring I don't know what is.
Parents
  • This is the best row we've had since watching Stud's backstroke starts and turns on youtube.com. Back to the program. OK, so queen says we can't compare to other ultra elite athletes who've attempted a comeback at the same age. We also can't compare to other athletes in general because they represent a tiny group in a huge population. That leaves us to compare to humanity as a whole. That's invalid because most folks don't have what it takes to train, dedicate, etc to a lifestyle that gets you to the elite level. Even if they do, 99.99% of those that try won't get to the elite level. So, this brings you back to the obvious comparison to other elite athletes, the only logical pool by which to compare. BTW - it took me 30 minutes to figure out how to pump up those super skinny tires.
  • This is the best row we've had since watching Stud's backstroke starts and turns on youtube.com. Back to the program. OK, so queen says we can't compare to other ultra elite athletes who've attempted a comeback at the same age. We also can't compare to other athletes in general because they represent a tiny group in a huge population. That leaves us to compare to humanity as a whole. That's invalid because most folks don't have what it takes to train, dedicate, etc to a lifestyle that gets you to the elite level. Even if they do, 99.99% of those that try won't get to the elite level. So, this brings you back to the obvious comparison to other elite athletes, the only logical pool by which to compare. BTW - it took me 30 minutes to figure out how to pump up those super skinny tires.
Children
No Data