Dara Torres-Amazing

Former Member
Former Member
Dara just one the national title in the 100M Freestyle in 54.4 at the ripe old age of 40. Simply Incredible. :applaud: :woot: If that's not inspiring I don't know what is.
Parents
  • while Saeger is a great swimmer, I agree that comparing him to Dara isn't accurate Dara went 54.4 in the 100 LCM free the womens world record is 53.30 for a man to do what Dara has done, he would need to be 40 and swim the 100 LCM free around 48.8 Rich went 53, which is a far cry from 48.8 In the coming years, the first man who might be capable of such a feat is Neil Walker. Since he is one of the older Olympic level athletes who is still training hard. There aren't very many athletes who could retire for 4, 5, or 6 years then make the kind of remarkable comeback that Dara made. I don't know if Neil plans on retiring after 2008. A
  • while Saeger is a great swimmer, I agree that comparing him to Dara isn't accurate Dara went 54.4 in the 100 LCM free the womens world record is 53.30 for a man to do what Dara has done, he would need to be 40 and swim the 100 LCM free around 48.8 Rich went 53, which is a far cry from 48.8 In the coming years, the first man who might be capable of such a feat is Neil Walker. Since he is one of the older Olympic level athletes who is still training hard. There aren't very many athletes who could retire for 4, 5, or 6 years then make the kind of remarkable comeback that Dara made. I don't know if Neil plans on retiring after 2008. A
Children
No Data