Dara Torres-Amazing

Former Member
Former Member
Dara just one the national title in the 100M Freestyle in 54.4 at the ripe old age of 40. Simply Incredible. :applaud: :woot: If that's not inspiring I don't know what is.
Parents
  • Thus far, in this thread, no one has yet to name a single athlete that has done or is doing what she is either doing or may be about to do, not a single one. Maybe she is the 1 out of 4 billion or so who can do it and be the first ever and more power to her. As she continues her incredible odyssey in the next year, don't come back all disenchanted when she says she uses "alternative, ground breaking training methods." That's your code word should you hear it. This is correct. She would be the only one. To get back to basics. As to unique training methods, I'm not sure what I think about that. Sprinters can/do train much differently. But the "less is more" motto seems to be an overstatement. She's doing a lot of strength and core training and high quality sprint work. That's great. But, still, everyone else is, to quote Phelps from the other night, putting in "hard work" in the pool. She's certainly working hard ... what's with the 2 hours of stretching per day? Not sure if I believe that's the source of the fountain of youth ... although I think she has stressed that she believes it makes a huge difference.
  • Thus far, in this thread, no one has yet to name a single athlete that has done or is doing what she is either doing or may be about to do, not a single one. Maybe she is the 1 out of 4 billion or so who can do it and be the first ever and more power to her. As she continues her incredible odyssey in the next year, don't come back all disenchanted when she says she uses "alternative, ground breaking training methods." That's your code word should you hear it. This is correct. She would be the only one. To get back to basics. As to unique training methods, I'm not sure what I think about that. Sprinters can/do train much differently. But the "less is more" motto seems to be an overstatement. She's doing a lot of strength and core training and high quality sprint work. That's great. But, still, everyone else is, to quote Phelps from the other night, putting in "hard work" in the pool. She's certainly working hard ... what's with the 2 hours of stretching per day? Not sure if I believe that's the source of the fountain of youth ... although I think she has stressed that she believes it makes a huge difference.
Children
No Data