Dara Torres-Amazing

Former Member
Former Member
Dara just one the national title in the 100M Freestyle in 54.4 at the ripe old age of 40. Simply Incredible. :applaud: :woot: If that's not inspiring I don't know what is.
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 17 years ago
    She was signing autographs last night and I can verify that she's tiny in person. The people in line behind me were commenting on it too. She's certainly fit, of course, but there's no sign of any extra 20 lbs of muscle. OK--on 'roids and appearance:As a former serious weight lifter (hence 3 degenterated discs) I spent much time with guys who were openly using "gear" in th form of pills, creams and jabs: the works...wherever and however they needed to. One of the ways to see evidence of steroid abuse is in the development of the traps. If they arc really high and look thick, that is an effect of supplement use. You cannon grown and thicken your traps like that without "dabbling." When you're off they go away...so does the power. Gains from "gear" cannot be held over the long term when you come off. Hence cycles and the need for spot checking with unannounced test. For the record the anser is no--I didn't. I like my internal organs in the shape they are meant to be and remainin within my body. I know Geek will likely be on faster than Ben Johnson got to the finish line to shoot me down on the above point but, this is what my own experience has shown me not a book or a web page. I guess you can "take it or leave it" as he put it. Dara doesn't have bulging traps, and yes I know that doesn't rule out other things. :2cents:
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 17 years ago
    She was signing autographs last night and I can verify that she's tiny in person. The people in line behind me were commenting on it too. She's certainly fit, of course, but there's no sign of any extra 20 lbs of muscle. OK--on 'roids and appearance:As a former serious weight lifter (hence 3 degenterated discs) I spent much time with guys who were openly using "gear" in th form of pills, creams and jabs: the works...wherever and however they needed to. One of the ways to see evidence of steroid abuse is in the development of the traps. If they arc really high and look thick, that is an effect of supplement use. You cannon grown and thicken your traps like that without "dabbling." When you're off they go away...so does the power. Gains from "gear" cannot be held over the long term when you come off. Hence cycles and the need for spot checking with unannounced test. For the record the anser is no--I didn't. I like my internal organs in the shape they are meant to be and remainin within my body. I know Geek will likely be on faster than Ben Johnson got to the finish line to shoot me down on the above point but, this is what my own experience has shown me not a book or a web page. I guess you can "take it or leave it" as he put it. Dara doesn't have bulging traps, and yes I know that doesn't rule out other things. :2cents:
Children
No Data