Dara Torres-Amazing

Former Member
Former Member
Dara just one the national title in the 100M Freestyle in 54.4 at the ripe old age of 40. Simply Incredible. :applaud: :woot: If that's not inspiring I don't know what is.
Parents
  • Good for her. I don't think I should be personally attacked for thinking that it's possible for her to be doing this without dopping. I hope the quality of the work she is doing (sounds similar to Lezak who is in his 30s so must also be dopping, roght) puts her back onto an Olympic team. I also do not think swimmers that "only" earn relay medals are slackers/not good/slow/etc. IF you follow that logic - Brendan Hansen isn't that great at breaststroke because he was "only" able to win gold on the relay in Athens, Kaitlin Sandeno "only" won a relay gold (never mind that silver in the 400IM and bronze) and of course Jenny Thompson, man she really sucked. Also get your facts straight before you claim to be faster than someone, becuase I am certain that it depends on the stroke.
  • Good for her. I don't think I should be personally attacked for thinking that it's possible for her to be doing this without dopping. I hope the quality of the work she is doing (sounds similar to Lezak who is in his 30s so must also be dopping, roght) puts her back onto an Olympic team. I also do not think swimmers that "only" earn relay medals are slackers/not good/slow/etc. IF you follow that logic - Brendan Hansen isn't that great at breaststroke because he was "only" able to win gold on the relay in Athens, Kaitlin Sandeno "only" won a relay gold (never mind that silver in the 400IM and bronze) and of course Jenny Thompson, man she really sucked. Also get your facts straight before you claim to be faster than someone, becuase I am certain that it depends on the stroke.
Children
No Data