Dara Torres-Amazing

Former Member
Former Member
Dara just one the national title in the 100M Freestyle in 54.4 at the ripe old age of 40. Simply Incredible. :applaud: :woot: If that's not inspiring I don't know what is.
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 17 years ago
    (4 surgeries? Can you still swim? Nerve damage --yikes. As for the muscle atrophy, have you looked in regenerative treatment? Keep fighting the good fight!) Yes, I still swim, keeps me sane. Haven't swam in a meet since Nationals May of 2003 when it was in Arizona. My last surgery was in December of 2003 and I have been pretty discoraged to compete since then. I am seriously considering swimming in meets again this fall and SC Nats in Austin. I am swimming pretty well, but hard not to compare where I was before my last surgery. I did push a 1:07 LCM 100 Back yesterday, was pretty happy about that, but remember when I could do 1:04s just a few years ago. Thanks for the encouragement, but no I haven't looked into "regenerative treatment" don't know what that is. Sounds like it could be fun though. ;)
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 17 years ago
    (4 surgeries? Can you still swim? Nerve damage --yikes. As for the muscle atrophy, have you looked in regenerative treatment? Keep fighting the good fight!) Yes, I still swim, keeps me sane. Haven't swam in a meet since Nationals May of 2003 when it was in Arizona. My last surgery was in December of 2003 and I have been pretty discoraged to compete since then. I am seriously considering swimming in meets again this fall and SC Nats in Austin. I am swimming pretty well, but hard not to compare where I was before my last surgery. I did push a 1:07 LCM 100 Back yesterday, was pretty happy about that, but remember when I could do 1:04s just a few years ago. Thanks for the encouragement, but no I haven't looked into "regenerative treatment" don't know what that is. Sounds like it could be fun though. ;)
Children
No Data